Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Home Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedHow do I Choose a Home Sewing Machine?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote banjo48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2015 at 7:48am
Maybe look for a vintage Singer ? I bought a 65 year old 201K for $40au, under the shabby wooden cover it was like new condition, wiring was a bit suspect but I'm an electrician so soon sorted that.
But the important thing is its all metal and built like a tank.

It sews like dream with a perfect stitch, and is great for lightweight fabrics up to medium (some actually use them for real heavy stuff from what I've read on forums) I am now buying a Seiko industrial machine for the real heavy fabrics and canvas etc.

Just a thought anyway. Better than a cheap Janome or similar with plastic bits and pieces inside IMO.
adolf25 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolf25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2015 at 7:27am
There are a few main brands that you are going to see when you go browsing for a new machine: Singer, Brother, Janome, Kenmore, White, Pfaff, Husqvarna Viking, Bernina, Babylock, and Juki. When considering brand, you want to think about how the machine is constructed and where the machine is made. Many brands no longer use parts made from metal, instead relying upon plastic, causing the machines to not last quite as long.
adolf
adolf25 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolf25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2015 at 11:21pm
Their are many brand of the swing machine. Choose the one which is best and of very good quality. Price also matter a lot. If you are getting good brand machine in reasonable amount go for it. The main point i prefer is buy machine locally because when you face any difficulty it would be easy for you to call them whenever you need and you can take face to face support.
adolf
lilfairy View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilfairy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 9:34pm
I don't think it is the same thing having your own sewing machine. Think about what if they both want to use it at the same time? It won't be that convenient. My husband and I always fighting for our flat screen tv in the living room. Yeah, we can watch the movie together, but I hate horror movies and he loves it. So we ending up needing another new tv. It is more convenient this way. 

As to answer to the opening question. I have came across the following site maysews.com and I find the articles are pretty useful. Amazon is a pretty good place too. If you are looking for reviews make sure to filter out, it is verified the by the reviewer and don't forget to read the negative rating as well. 

Buying something new is not an easy task. We had to spend a couple of days doing research online for buying our flat screen tv. We ending up spending about $3000.00 for that tv. 

Edited by MattGrant - 24 August 2018 at 8:25am
Fillip View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2018 at 8:07am
I have the same problem
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic