Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedHeadliner adhesive

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headliner adhesive
    Posted: 11 February 2012 at 7:24pm
I am confused about headliner adhesive.  I am adhering #767 headliner material to new wood overhead paneling,  I've gotten a couple of answers from Sailrite over the phone.  First 3M Trim Adhesive and then 3M77.  I just viewed the video demonstrating installation of vinyl headliners, and the gentleman used 3M Trim Adhesive.  You newest catalog states to use 77 with non-foam backed vinyl. This is going to be a very time consuming project.  I want to insure i use the correct adhesive.  Can you please confirm which product is best for the #767 non-foam backed vinyl on a direct overhead wood surface?  Thank you.  Buzz
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2012 at 8:15am
Hi Buzz,
The answer is that both will work. But our preference is definitely the 3M General Trim Adhesive. It will hold longer and Jim Grant has tested this product thoroughly in the process of re-lining the overhead of his Islander 37.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic