Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Covers and Awnings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedHalyard Clip on Sail Cover?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaptainSkully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Halyard Clip on Sail Cover?
    Posted: 05 January 2019 at 9:33am
I'm in the process of building the sail pack for our 13' boom.  In order to be considerate for our mooring field neighbors, we always pull our halyards far away from the most at the end of the day.  Currently, it's a pretty inconvenient process and easy to forget.  

I was thinking that I could install a snap or clip of some kind using a reinforced webbing connection pretty far down the boom that would be an easier solution.  It would also allow me to keep the main halyard attached, making one less thing I have to do in the morning to get the boat sailing, then redirect the halyard aft to eliminate the noise.  What do you guys think about that concept?  Am I explaining it well enough?

Thanks,

Chris
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2019 at 9:05am
Hi Chris,

That sounds like a great approach.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic