Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Miscellaneous Topics > General Miscellaneous Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedFender Cover / Video

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fender Cover / Video
    Posted: 15 April 2012 at 1:11pm
Just a word of advice to anyone making fender covers:  Although this is an excellent video, the measurements shown do not work for all fenders.  We have 4 Taylor-Made 28x8 fenders.  I just made one following the directions exactly, and it is too short.  I think what I needed to do was measure the curved length, along the fender shape, from eye to eye, not the straight distance as shown in the video.  Sewing the darts pulls the ends in, making it shorter in length.

Another bit of advice:  Make ONE and try it for fit first.  Do not cut all your pieces to size ahead of time.  I just wasted a lot of time and money.

-Sue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic