Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fabric Like Alcantara

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fabric Like Alcantara
    Posted: 04 April 2016 at 11:13pm
The glue attaching the fabric covering on my headliner has started failing, causing spots where it has separated.

My plan is to remove the headliner from the vehicle, remove the existing fabric, glue on new fabric, then replace the headliner.

Some of my luxury vehicles had / have Alcantara headliners. That fabric is very nice and I would like to use that in this application. I don't see Alcantara on the Sailrite site.

What fabric is recommended for this application? Is this Ultrasuede HP the suggested fabric?

Is this 3M 08090 Spray Adhesive the suggested glue?
2000 SeaRay 380 Sundancer
Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI
Horizon 380hp
Westerbeke 7.0KW BCGB
many cool mods

Juki DNU-1541S
Consew CSM550
Zach View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2016 at 9:46am
Hello,

Yes, Ultrasuede HP is the closest thing we have to Alcantara. 3M Super Trim is too aggressive, you will want to use 3M Super 77 instead.
Zach Grant
Sailrite
wingless View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2016 at 11:03am
Thanks for the information.

The Sailrite site shows samples are not available.

The Toray site permits ordering samples. It would be useful to update the Sailrite site to add the order sample link.

The site states: "Samples are provided to qualified professionals and businesses in the trade only. You may be contacted to provide further information."
2000 SeaRay 380 Sundancer
Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI
Horizon 380hp
Westerbeke 7.0KW BCGB
many cool mods

Juki DNU-1541S
Consew CSM550
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic