Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum Lockedfabric for slide-out topper awnings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrhannum@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fabric for slide-out topper awnings
    Posted: 17 April 2013 at 2:52pm
I have "Carefree of Colorado" units on 8-yr-old camper; need relacements and can sew with my LSZ-1; have watched the vids and skimmed 14 pages of this forum and still puzzled -- is 12.7-oz Stamoid the pick? versus Shelter-Rite at 18.8 oz?  (I can't find specs for Carefree's stuff and it is too spendy for me).  Thanks
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2013 at 3:31pm
I am not sure exactly what brand of vinyl they use but I know it is not Shelter-Rite. I would suggest either the Weblon Regatta or the Stamoid 12.7 if you want the premium stuff.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
jrhannum@aol.com View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrhannum@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 2:06am
I went ahead and ordered the Weblon Regatta, primarily because of its 62" width -- allows for two toppers and seam/hem-allowances.  I may use 138 thread -- will scrap-test to verify.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2013 at 8:12am
I would recommend V-92 thread with this weight vinyl and a #18 needle. This will keep the stitch holes tight.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
jrhannum@aol.com View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrhannum@aol.com Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2013 at 6:24pm
Got the Regatta in good time, thanks. Spent an afternoon dismounting the tired ones and copying onto the new fabric.  Regatta is not as heavy as Carefree of Colorado's stock. 
Everything went as planned and new vinyl toppers are installed -- much less money than OEMs.
Thanks to Sailrite!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic