Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Econosew 2060AL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Econosew 2060AL
    Posted: 25 April 2008 at 12:46am
Hello,
I purchased an Econosew 2060AL about 6 months ago from a company called "Specbrands" and they have since gone out of business. I needed to replace the oil pan on the machine, as it was faulty/leaking. Thankfully, the Feit Co. (who owns Econosew) did back up the warrantee on the product and they are replacing the oil pan for me at no charge. I just have to pay shipping charges. I can't say enough good things about Harold Feit who is the owner of the Feit Co.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if I can get parts for my machine from the Sailrite Co., I am looking for some different feet such as the ones that you have with your Sailrite 111 machine. Is that machine basically the same as the one that I own? I am also interested in getting the porta-base so I can travel with my machine and some needles, ect...

Thanks for any advice you can give! :)
Suz
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2008 at 11:05am
Hi, Yes you can purchase any and all accessories from the Sailrite 111 line. They will fit the 2060AL. The machines are nearly identical apart from Sailrite's tuning. And yes the PortaBase will also work. You will need the MC-SCR power system and the PowerPlus wheel for the MC-SCR to really make portability practical. For needles be sure to get system 135X17.

Please let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

suz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 1:38am
Matt,
Thanks so much for your reply! I am working on putting together an order for you right now. By the way, I purchased the swing-away binder from your company and have had some trouble with it. It keeps swinging out while I am using it. I have used rubber bands to hold it together. But it's not working. I am wondering if I can trade it for the one that does not swing away? Please let me know Matt. I'm using sunbrella brand seam binding, 3/4" if that matters.

Suz
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2008 at 10:50pm
The sewing machine controls the movement of a swing binder. As the machine pulls the binding through the binder it should only pull the material into the foot. If the binder is moving away from the foot it sounds like you have a feeding issue with the machine. The fabric should move in a smooth fluent motion back always. If the material moves slightly forward and then back with each stitch you need to contact Econosew for help.

Also as a side note you can not use reverse with a binder.

Let me know if this helps. You can call me to discuss an exchange if you like. I will need the invoice number. But I want to make sure you understand that I still do not think the binder is defective. This sounds like a sewing machine issue.

Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

suz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2008 at 6:19am
Hi Matt,
Thanks for the information. I did put another order thru to you today for some other items I needed, but holding off on the larger handwheel and cog pulley until I check out the other things that you mentioned I should check.  I will probably get the entire set up with motor for the option of portability. We need a machine we can easily haul out of the shop to so sewing and repair work on-site for our customers. Thanks Matt, you are very helpful! About the binder...I make aircraft covers mainly, we use binders every day, all Juki machines and we have about (8) of them. On our Juki machines we use 3/4" binders all day long to do the sunbrella binding/edging on our aircraft covers and even on our cockpit sunshield sets that we bind the edges on we have had no problems. These binders are a bit more heavy duty and we are well acquainted with how they should be attached to the machine and used. The astro foil  (for sunshields) is the toughest stuff to do as it is about 1/4" thick, yet our Juki machines and binders that we have gotten in the past work very well. With the binder that I got from Sailrite, I only planned to use it for Sunbrella, not sunshields. It should at least  handle this. We had tried the binder I purchased from Sailrite (swing-away) on the other machines in the shop (Juki machines) and the same problem, binder swings away while sewing. Believe me when I tell you that the problem is the binder, not my machine. Regarding your side note that we cannot use reverse with a binder, we are aware of that.  I would be happy if you would just exchange the swing away for the regular binder, as I think it would serve me better.  I am glad that you will take care of it for me. I'm sorry that I could not thoroughly try out the binder right after I purchased it, but in dealing with my leaky oil pan problem on the new Econosew machine, I had to wait to use the machine and so didn't know the binder had some problems until just recently. Thank you! I will be contact you Monday.
Suz
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2008 at 8:51am
Hi Suz,
Just send the binder in to our Indiana location and I will exchange it for you. Please put a note in the box to my attention.
Thanks, Matt Grant
Sailrite

Edited by MattGrant - 28 April 2008 at 8:56am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic