Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Boat Tops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedDirect rain on bow cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smeyer57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Direct rain on bow cover
    Posted: 24 July 2018 at 3:48pm
I am planning on making a bow cover for my boat and have one thing I haven't figured out ye. The current boat cover has snaps all around  and I would like to use these but up front  there is a trolling motor mounted to a carpeted piece of plywood in front of the snaps. When rain rolls to the front it hits the plywood and then pours underneath. Is there a way to redirect the rain or can I fill the gap between the cover and the plywood with something to stop it. My first thought would be to sew a 1/2" diameter "pool noodle" material into the cover.

Thanks
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 3:58pm
Why not incorporate the carpeted board into the design of the cover itself? So the material would snap boat and then a flap of material would extend up from the cover and snap to the board. In this manner the trough created would shed the water of the sides and not into the boat.

The noodle could work too but it is bulky.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
smeyer57 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smeyer57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 4:58pm
Matt,
That is an excellent idea. I hadn't thought of a flap.
Thank you!
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2018 at 5:04pm
Should work very well, go to it!
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic