Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Covers and Awnings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedCovering Ribbed Seat Backs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covering Ribbed Seat Backs
    Posted: 23 February 2010 at 10:08pm
I plan to re-do the dinette seats in my tawler. The bottom cushions are rectangular and should present no problem. I will use Nauga Soft.

The backs however are ribbed - like channeling fabric which is what they may be: white vinyl with vertical half tubes or half-cylinders about one and one- inches in diameter. The backs are deeper at the bottom, giving a slant, and have vinyl covered plywood backs.

I would simply like to cover the existing covers with Nauga Soft but I don't know how to sew on to the vertical half-tubes. I don't want to use channeling fabric since I don't want white seats.

Can Sailrite or anyone else give me some advice? If it turns out to be a job for a professional, I may just have to construct regular foam filled slanted cushions, but I rather like the vertical column effect I have now.

Thanks.

Alan
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2010 at 3:09pm
Hi Alan,
The easiest way to do this is to get batting material to line the back side of the vinyl. Then create a vertical sew pattern and stitch the batting to the vinyl along these lines. The result will the same look as the premade channeling fabric but in the exact color and material that you want.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic