Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedConsidering a LS1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Considering a LS1
    Posted: 24 July 2012 at 10:45pm
I do wall upholstery and considering a LS1.  Will only be sewing 2 layers together of light to medium weight cotton and linen type fabrics.  Very similar to what you would cover a living room chair with.  I do out of town work often so the portability is a plus.  I also will need to make a double welt cord (5/32" or 1/4") to use around the edges to cover staples.  I would like to have one machine to do both tasks. I have a folder to make the double welt with. The machine would have to be able to pull a 2" wide piece of fabric through the folder along with 2 single welt cords.  I realize I would have to adapt a table to properly position the folder close to the feet. 
Is this machine right to do both?  Does it have a double welt foot available?   Will the foot raise high enough to make the cording?   Thank you for your attention to my questions.     
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 8:30am
Hi, The LS-1 machine is great for your task with one exception. We do not offer a double welt foot. Otherwise, the foot is high enough to sew standard welt and you should be able to adapt your folder to the machine. The feeding power of the machine is very good.
Thanks, Matt
Sailrite

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
sewman View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 9:48am
Do you know where I might get one?  I checked a few other site and they do not offer one.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 10:36am
There are no double cording feet in the market for the Ultrafeed machines, sorry.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
sewman View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 4:30pm
Thank you for your quick reply.

I am contacting the company who made my double welt folder to see if they can make a double welt foot for the LS1.  I think they said they can make a foot if I needed.

If they can make the foot, do you see a problem with that?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2012 at 4:51pm
If they can make a foot it should work great.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic