Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clipped ends.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jknight611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clipped ends.
    Posted: 24 April 2018 at 3:01pm
Hi, my sewing skills have improved a bunch, and I have a question. Just finishing a mast cover for my Core Sound 20 MK3 so the lines don’t become messed up while I trailer the boat. Inspected my work and I am pleased with the cover has come out. On the ends if the backstitching there are tiny frayed ends after trailering the boat and I had the idea to take a tiny pencil soldering iron and touching the clipped ends of the V92 threads, melting then back into the back stitching. Is this a good idea or am I causing more problems?

Thanks!

Jay
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2018 at 3:13pm
Hi Jay,
That actually works really well. There are even thread heat cutters in the marketplace designed specially for this. when I melt the thread I stop about 1/8" from the material surface and press the thread end down to form a melted "button". Looks great and keeps the stitch from coming loose.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Jknight611 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jknight611 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2018 at 4:11pm
I just added the Sailrite thread heat sealer to my supply order!

Thanks Matt
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2018 at 8:53am
Awesome, enjoy it!
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic