Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

changing feet on industrial machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diane4954 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: changing feet on industrial machine
    Posted: 04 July 2018 at 9:26pm
I have a juki DNU1541 industrial sewing machine with walking foot.  I am trying to find out how to change the foot on it to a zipper foot.  I cannot find anything on the internet that shows you how to change feet and nothing in the instruction manual.  Any suggestions?

diane
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2018 at 9:47pm
These feet will work. One is the left zipper foot and one is the right. You can use the existing center foot:

https://www.sailrite.com/Sewing-Machine/Fabricator/type/Products?keywords=zipper%20feet

Basically all you do is to unscrew the outer foot screw, remove it and then install the new one.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
wingless View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wingless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2018 at 8:36am
The feet on the Juki DNU-1541 are changed by loosening the screw (center foot) or removing the screw (outer foot).

The R+L zipper feet I purchased also included specialized center feet.

When I designed / built my custom enclosure, I started using the zipper feet, but I found the stitches were too close to the teeth.

That's when I switched to using my top stitch feet. The top stitch feet placed the sewing at exactly the correct location for proper zipper operation.

Edited by wingless - 06 July 2018 at 8:36am
2000 SeaRay 380 Sundancer
Mercruiser 454 MAG MPI
Horizon 380hp
Westerbeke 7.0KW BCGB
many cool mods

Juki DNU-1541S
Consew CSM550
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic