Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Industrial Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedBrother TZ1-B651

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owenself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brother TZ1-B651
    Posted: 27 October 2013 at 7:08pm
Hi, I was gifted an old BrotherTZ1-B651 machine, which I am now attempting to refurbish.  Seeking a user manual - have one in Japanese Confused if anyone knows where I might find one in English?  One problem identified so far - the zigzag lever is stuck in the 'up' position.   Everything else seems to work OK.  Would anyone have any idea of the cause of this problem please?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2013 at 8:02am
We have a free guidebook for that machine:

There is a thumb nut under the zigzag lever. Be sure it is loose to get the lever to move down.

Also under the left end cover of the machine there is a black tumb wheel that is a lock for the stitch width mechanism. Be sure that it is released when making stitch width adjustments.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
owenself View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owenself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2013 at 8:19am
Hi Matt,  thanks for the guidebook and the advice!  It was the thumbwheel under the cover - didnt even know it existed.  On a slightly different note - I would like to refurbish the machine.  What consumables/parts would you recommend I replace (from the products you can supply).

Regards,
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2013 at 6:29pm
We have a heavier presser foot spring for that machine which is a must have. I also recommend getting a Medium Duty Beehive spring for more upper thread tension. Here is a list of the common parts we stock:

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
owenself View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owenself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 5:25am
Hi Matt, would any of the upgrade items such as Monster wheel or Carrying Case fit?

Regards,
Owen
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2013 at 7:25am
Sorry, no. At this point we have neither of those as options for the old Sailmaker.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
wsmurdoch View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsmurdoch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2013 at 9:31pm
I have a Sailrite Sailmaker (Sailrite's editon of the Brother TZ1-B652) in an industrial base that I picked up on ebay years ago.  It is a great machine.  The ability to make a 12mm wide zig zag stitch makes sail repairs look like the original stitching.  It will sew through anything that will fit under the presser foot, and the wide feed dog pulls like a champ.  Although it doesn't like it, it will force a 140/22 needle and T-135 thread through 5/16" of canvas.  Change to the 5 mm zig zag needle plate or the straight stitch needle plate and it will sew the thinest nylon with a 70/10 needle.  But, the best part of the machine is the support from Sailrite.  I can not imagine supporting a machine sold to someone else 20+ years ago, but Sailrite does it.

Bill Murdoch
owenself View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote owenself Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2014 at 9:51pm
Hi Matt,

everytime I try to 'add to cart' a presser foot heavy spring I get

This item is no longer available.

even though it says 'in stock' on the description page?  Same for the beehive spring.

I am guessing this is a website problem ?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2014 at 10:51pm
Is it 38111? If so I just tried it and it worked for me. Let me know if you still have the trouble.
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Alansew View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alansew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:31pm
You'll find a manual for sale with Alans Alterations Store on ebay.co.uk
Happy Sewing!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic