Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Broken top thread on Ultrafeed LSZ1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smcdevitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Broken top thread on Ultrafeed LSZ1
    Posted: 11 December 2016 at 8:35pm
I have a Sailrite Ultra feed LSZ1,

I break the top thread after just a few stitches.  Its like  the tope tension is off and i can't get it right.  I have adjusted, changed thread weight top and bottom, replaced the needle.

I am using American and Effird Tex 40 anefel dry, size 14 dome tipped needle sewing through 2 layers of with polyester WPB [electrospun] and 40D polyester mesh, all are very thin.

I broke a needle and now have these problem.  I looked for burs, found none, check the alignment of the timing and it was good.  Here are pics of the problem.  It seems to chaffe the thread before it shears, cuts...  Pics below

Sean
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 10:09am
Hello SMCDEVITT,

email me at mattb@sailrite.com .  I will update your account and assist you with resolving the shredding thread with our Support Case system.  Hopefully this is nothing more than the Needle Bar or rotational timing.  I will be watching for your communication.
Matt Borden

Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic