Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Sewing Machines > Sailrite Sewing Machines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Brand new fabricator issue, HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wellcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brand new fabricator issue, HELP!
    Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:07pm
I just got a new fabricator and been playing with it and love it so far but most of the time the thread gets caught in the bobbin area, sometimes I can just pull the thread but most of the time I have to lift the machine to get better access. It happens 85% of the time and I have been trying to figure out what's going on and nothing. I took a picture of it but I don't see how I can download the picture to the forum, sometimes when I remove the scrap piece I'm using to get familiar with the fabricator I see 3 threads but most of the time I see 4 threads. I always star by holding both threads but I can feel just one thread is pulling hard.

How can this be fixed as it's getting really annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Wellcraft - 05 May 2018 at 2:32pm
Wellcraft View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wellcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2018 at 2:32pm
https://ibb.co/mVUQJn
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2018 at 8:58am

Hello Wellcraft, 

This is happening because the take-up arm is not up high enough when the fabric is being released and pulled out. Here is what you should be doing to eliminate this:

1. When at the end of sewing rotate the balance wheel by hand until the take up arm (the arm which moves vertically under the silver guard) is at 3/4 height or higher. Do this always by moving the wheel from the top toward you (normal direction the wheel turns under power).

2. Grab the fabric and gently pull it out from under the foot while at the same time rocking the balance wheel back and forth about 1/2" as you pull. This helps to release the thread from the tension assembly and it keeps the lower thread from getting caught on the hook.

3. When the material is about 6 inches from the machine cut the threads as close to the fabric on both side as is feasible.

Hope this helps.
Matt Borden

Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic