Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Covers and Awnings
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedBoat Cover Reinforcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stitchbiatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Cover Reinforcement
    Posted: 13 August 2011 at 4:15pm
Hi,
I need to sew several reinforcement patches to a boat cover. The cover has several darts, especially up front where the bow mounted trolling motor is. I can't get the fabric to lay flat, and I'm probably going to get a lot of puckers. Is there an easy way to do this?
Is it possible to just glue/cement the patch in place instead of sewing? Thanks in advence!
Jo
MikeM8560 View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM8560 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2011 at 9:53am
You need to sew

as for the trolling motor theybare a pain theese bolth have them

Edited by MikeM8560 - 25 February 2012 at 9:04am
Sue2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sue2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2012 at 8:07am
It may be easier if you glue the fabric patch in place, and then go back and sew it down.  This will keep it from sliding around while you maneuver it through the machine.
suziQ View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suziQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2012 at 10:22am
I would go for a suitable double sided tape ( venture tape or similar).
Then sew it.
Be careful with glue that it doesn't attack the fabric. Choose carefully.

Suzi
If it aint broke, don't fix it !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic