Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedBinding..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bosberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Binding..
    Posted: 16 April 2012 at 12:03pm
Hello all~ I am in need of binding for the edge of equine shipping boots I have made (I know that equine items are not the specialty of this forum, but you all know fabric types & hence it would be helpful to have your opinions.)
I am not sure what would be the best type - acrylic, vinyl or surlast. It needs to be durable but not chaffing- so I was thinking surlast? 

Also- I have the LSZ-1 and LOVE it. I am thinking to purchase the 3/4 inch binder swing arm.

After doing binding w/out one, I think it'd be so much easier.

Has anyone used this and do you like it? 
Thank you in advance for any opinions :)
Matt B View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 2:52pm
Hello Bosberg,
I have asked Lisa, our most knowledgeable source on horses, and she says Surlast material is what you should use.  No chafing..
Cheers,
MattB

Matt Borden

Sailrite
suziQ View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suziQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 12:40pm
I have the 1" swing away & love it, I would also recommend, if your making your own binding, cutting the strips ( if you don't already) with the rotary cutter. I have just started using one on sunbrella & similar canvas & it works a treat. Thumbs Up

Suzi
If it aint broke, don't fix it !
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic