Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attaching Combing Pads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attaching Combing Pads
    Posted: 10 January 2018 at 6:18pm
I'm planning on making new combing pads, for my boat. My question is what would be a good method for attaching the pads, to the boat? It's an aluminum boat, and I don't want to use a backerboard.
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 8:41am
I think you have a few options:

Use adhesive Snads on the aluminum and then attach snap sockets to the backs of the combing pads.

Use an Awning Track attached to the aluminum and then install awning rope along the tops of the combing pads and hang them in this manner.

Velcro circles but I think this is too weak.

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
ToddM View Drop Down
Forum Member
Forum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 3:46pm
Thank you. Do you carry the snap sockets and adhesive snads?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 7:33pm
We do. Get the large diameter ones if possible. The flexible ones are best for curved surfaces. Be sure to use a Primer 94 prior to sticking:

https://www.sailrite.com/Fastener-Component/Stud/type/Products?keywords=snad

For the cushion side you need a button and socket for each attachment point. There are several options:

https://www.sailrite.com/All-Hardware/Fasteners-and-Hooks/Snaps-and-Fasteners/Brand/DOT/Fastener-Component/Button,Socket/Fastener-Type/Snap-Fasteners/type/Products?order=custitem_popularity

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic