Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedAnother headliner question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another headliner question
    Posted: 31 October 2007 at 4:36pm
I'm replacing a bulkhead, and in the process have removed a lot of the hull liner in my Ranger 33.  The original liner appears to be non-perforated foam backed, but only 1/16 or 1/8 inch, not the 1/4" of foam that Sailrite offers.  Maybe it's compacted with age?

I've been warned that going with the #13901 "lightly padded" stuff may result in condensation.  My current stuff was thin enough to pleat at the inside corners and is edged with either teak strips or self-closing plastic extrusions (somewhat like Hidem Gimp but harder plastic and a latching closure).  Neither seems like it would work if I went with 1/4" foam backed.

Any suggestions?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic