Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Fabric Questions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum LockedAllowance in fabric length for puckering

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allowance in fabric length for puckering
    Posted: 11 June 2009 at 8:20am
Good Morning,
I have to apologize because I know I have posted this and asked this before but my searches for the past post have not been successful.

What is your reccomendation per yard (or other reference) for fabric length allowance for shrinkage in fabric length due to stich puckering / binding addition?

Regards,
Keri

Sailing the Chesapeake - Keri
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 8:25am
About 2" per 10 feet of Sunbrella. The amount of needle pucker varies according to the softness of the material.
Thanks, Matt

Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
Keri View Drop Down
Groupie Member
Groupie Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2009 at 9:03am

Thanks Matt!  This is helpful, I moslty work with Sunbrella but forgot to mention that in my originally posting.

Keri

Sailing the Chesapeake - Keri
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic