Sailrite Enterprises, Inc. Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canvas Work > Boat Tops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

This forum is now a read-only site and discussions have been archived. You can still read the content but will no longer be able to post. For our ongoing how-to project blogs and video content, visit our “How-To” page at www.sailrite.com. For one-on-one assistance, email us at support@sailrite.com.

Forum Locked3-Bow Bimini Top

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlandboatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3-Bow Bimini Top
    Posted: 12 April 2011 at 12:06pm
I have the instructions for making the 3 bow bimini top. I'm a little confused about laying out the pattern material.

The way I read on page 5, you would have two separate pieces of pattern when laying out, is that correct? First you would do the fore and center bows, then remove that pattern material, then do the center and aft bows?
MattGrant View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Sailrite Employee - Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattGrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 12:09pm
That is correct. There will be a seam which creates the shaping at the center bow when patterned in this manner.
Thanks
Best Regards,
Matt Grant
Sailrite
inlandboatman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlandboatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2011 at 1:05pm
Excellent. I thought I'd try it the Sailrite way, because this eliminates the crazy darts I have to stitch in at the center bow when I do it in one piece.

Thanks Matt!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic